Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, June 29, 2015

Redoing the Living Room - 3: Inspiration Photos


Image above from Lee Jofa, Charleston Sofa, fabrics by James Huniford (from Lee Jofa website).


Image above is the Tiffany sofa by Pearson Furniture (from Pearson Furniture website).


Image above torn out of one of my Traditional Home magazines.  I did not make note of the month/year, unfortunately, so I was unable to find it online.

Those sofas!  I wanted a grey velvet sofa with a REMOVABLE (not fixed in place) bench seat cushion.  Optional additions were a tufted and  curved back.  Must haves were sleek modern lines with a wink toward traditional styling. I was looking for something "Manhattan Classic" -- the series at Horchow -- or something reminiscent of mid-century modern without giving up altogether on more classic lines.  Something totally different than the furniture I had purchased years ago for a much larger house.

With the furniture gone from the living room, I began an all out hunt for the perfect sofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment