Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Is This Just A Glorified Boob Light???

I've been looking around off and on for some different kind of lighting for my kitchen and dinette area.  They are wide open to each other and I want them to be coordinated through either style or color, if not matchy-matchy.  I still go for matchy-matchy, BTW.  There is a third light by the kitchen windows, above the sink.  It is pretty much a classic boob light, but it doesn't have a rounded nipple - it looks like it had a mammogram and got squished.  Replacing this light (if I do), will be problematical as the space is small and I haven't seen anything that looks like it "goes" with any of the other light fixtures I like:



Its rim is a sort of dark copper-y color though, not that almost blackish-dark brown that some manufacturers try to foist off on unsuspecting consumers as "rubbed bronze fnish."  

There is a matching fixture in my back hallway/entry/basement stair landing, and I don't care about that because nobody, absolutely nobody, is standing there looking up at the light fixture critizing it.  In contrast, there is  a true boob light in my narrow hallway to which the bedrooms and bath append:


You can definitely see that protruding nipple, LOL!

Thank goodness that most people, though, don't usually look up at a hallway ceiling fixture through which they're passing in a few seconds.

Anyway, I came across this fixture at Overstock and it has a matching chandelier that would, I think, look beautiful above my dinette table.  Here is the semi-flush mount ceiling fixture that would go in the center of the kitchen work area:

I think it's gorgeous.  I love the metal work and the more copper-y finish, along with the translucent glass shade.  I think that if I left the light in above the sink until I find the absolute perfect solution, they would all work together.  

But -- is this just a glorified boob light look????

I would be horrified to replace two light fixtures in such a visible part of the house with what amount to glorified boob lights -- wish I'd never come across the term.  Damn!  Here is the chandelier:


The price is good on the combo, too, with free shipping.  But - should I keep looking for something less "booby?"  Do I have a psychological fixation on boob light fixtures?  Do manufacturers have a psychological fixation on boob light fixtures -- or feed into this irrational fetish on a grand scale -- all around the globe???? Arrrgggghhhh - sometimes I hate this home improvement stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment