Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gump's Silk Florals Sale!

Hola!

I normally do not do two posts in one day, but I'm itching for spring to finally spring around here.  Flowers at the grocery store - way too expensive these days.  Sigh.  I still have my post-Christmas deep of winter decor up, because for the most part, that is where we've been weather-wise, until recently.

As you know, I love Gump's (in San Francisco).  They have the most beautiful home decor items!  But, Gump's is high-end.  They don't chintz around on quality.  I cannot afford anything Gump's unless it is on sale.  And I have to tell you, Gump's does have great sales!

I have often looked at their silk floral displays and sighed.  I have purchased floral arrangements on sale as gifts for others, but never for myself.  I've always coveted a (faux) orchid for myself.  Maybe this is my chance?

If you're interested, you can visit Gump's orchids sale.  I will not mislead you.  You can get a good bang for your buck when you shop the sale and/or clearance sections that are not advertised:


The orchid above is the White Meadow Orchid, originally $98.00, now on sale for $48.99.  Here is the description:

With their white petals and ruby-red centers, our phalaenopsis stems look festive during the holidays and elegant throughout the year. The handcrafted blossoms, faux grasses and lifelike greenery are set in a rustic ceramic container, artfully finished to resemble traditional weathered-wood vessels.
  • 24" High
  • Imported

  • The orchid below is the Asian Accent Orchid, originally $38.00, now on sale for $24.99.  I have purchased similar white orchids (when on sale from time to time, not this incarnation of white orchid) as gifts for others and they have been incredibly beautiful and arrived in perfect condition each time I ordered one.  Maybe it's time I ordered one for myself.  I have to tell you, the orchid has shrunk in size (from 15" tall overall to 13" tall overall), in the number of flowers and the size of the vase, over the last few years.  Alas.  But, as currently offered it would look so pretty on my chou style coffee table in the front room. I think it is still a good deal.



    The stand is NOT included.  Description:

    A masterpiece of simplicity and proportion, a single orchid stem arches gracefully from a glazed ceramic vase with a traditional bird motif.

  • Overall: 13"H
  • Vase: 4 1/2" diam.
  • Made in the USA of imported materials
  • White or Pink orchid
  • Stand sold separately
  • 1 comment:

    1. Orchids are just stunning but its still a bit early where I am. Which are some of your favorite flowers that bloom all year long?

      ReplyDelete